[Tweeters] White-winged Crossbills ID=birders

Hill hill at smwireless.net
Sat Dec 25 09:10:54 PST 2004

I think this is an excellent example of feeder watcher vs birder vs serious
birder.  Chris believes his grandparents are not birders, but if they can ID
a White-winged Crossbill at their feeder they certainly qualify to the
threshhold of the USFWS survey.

I still have Mountain Chickadees coming into my feeders, and at least 5
Red-breasted Nuthatches.  Yesterday 8 Yellow-rumped Warblers tried to use
the birdbath but only 5 fit a one time.

Merry Christmas all!

Randy Hill
Othello