[Tweeters] Exposing Yourself

SGMlod at aol.com SGMlod at aol.com
Sat Dec 25 13:59:36 PST 2004

Greetings All

Wilson is correct. Expose yourself. Wear your bins into stores. I'll tell you
that the folks running the store on the hwy in Washtucna are quite aware of
birders. I'm sure that makes Washtucna a friendlier place.

Interestingly, in Fields, OR, birders have a huge economic impact, and our
wandering around the houses is well accepted. I dropped down to Denio, Nevada,
this fall. Not far away, but a place where birders rarely go (but providing us
with a nice Chestnut-sided Warbler), and we were almost chased off at
gunpoint.

If we are polite, if we are obvious to local merchants (wearing bins into
stores, instead of sheepishly hiding our activity), we will start to have an
increasingly positive impact.

Cheers
Steven Mlodinow