[Tweeters] Redwing not seen in the p.m.

Jon. Anderson and Marty Chaney festuca at olywa.net
Sun Dec 26 19:29:39 PST 2004

I don't see that anyone's posted about the remainder of the day's search for
the elusive Redwing. Suffice it to say that about 15-20 of us continued
looking for it after it disapparated about 10:30am - - to no avail.

A number of hawks were working the area - including a fat immy sharp-shin
sitting in the "redwing's tree" at 4th & Decatur - sharpies and Coops, a
Merlin. And a Peregrine about gave a Glaucous-winged gull, resting on a
power-pole, a heart attack when it power-swooped on by....

There were a lot of Robins working the area between Sherman (the old
hospital) and Plymouth, as well as north of Harrison in the area around
Garfield & Percival. Where the Redwing goes when it's not at 4th &
Decatur/Cushing is still a mystery - but I'm guessing that it'll be found
one of these noon-times in the 'burbs & back-alleys north of Harrison....

Anyway, thanks to all who were sharing some wonderful views of this bird
through their 'scopes this morning. A great Boxing-Day gift!

Jon. Anderson
Olympia, Wash
festuca at olywa.net