[Tweeters] Alki/Mee Kwa Mooks

Kevin Li kdli at msn.com
Fri Dec 31 10:07:39 PST 2004

Mee Kwa Mooks is a Seattle Park that's just a bit (1/2 mile?) further south
of where Mike Donahue was mentioning his recent observations of black
scoters. The shoreline south of Alki Point has a number interesting access
areas, for birding and tidepooling. One of my favorite walks is from Lowman
Beach Park, walking south along a short residential street into Lincoln
Park. Keep an eye out for orcas as well, they've been in the area recently;
I saw about 2 dozen orcas on the 21st, just west of Alki. Harlequin ducks
and black brant are also very likely.

Kevin Li
Ballard, USA