[Tweeters] WOS Meeting Seattle Monday

Michael Hobbs birdmarymoor at verizon.net
Fri Dec 31 14:36:25 PST 2004

The Washington Ornithological Society would like to announce our January
meeting in Seattle:

Monday, January 3rd - Mary Carlson will speak on the natural history and
captive husbandry of the Aquarium's alcid collection (Tufted Puffins, Common
Murres, Pigeon Guillemots and Rhinoceros Auklets).  Slides and video will be
shown.  A graduate of U of Washington with BS in Zoology, Mary has been with
Seattle Aquarium for more than 10 years as the Bird Biologist.

Monthly Membership Meetings are held the first Monday of the month (except
July, August, & September). They are held at the Center for Urban
Horticulture on the University of Washington campus, 3501 NE 41st St.,
Seattle, and are open to all. The social begins at 7:00 p.m. and the program
starts at 7:30 p.m.

Directions: From I-5 take SR520 East.  Take the Montlake Blvd NE exit and
turn North towards the University of Washington campus. Stay in right lane
and drive North on Montlake Blvd (over the bridge and past the stadium).
The road will curve to the right around the Montlake Fill and merges with NE
45th St.  You will quickly approach a 5 way intersection.  At the
intersection turn right onto Mary Gates Memorial Drive.  The Center for
Urban Horticulture is 2 long blocks down on the right.  There is plenty of
free parking at the facility.  We use the main meeting room, the backside of
which faces the road. The following bus routes stop at NE 45th and Mary
Gates Memorial Drive: #25, 65, & 75.  A map can be found on
http://depts.washington.edu/urbhort/html/info/contact.html.

== Michael Hobbs
== Washington Ornithological Society webmaster
== http://www.wos.org
== WOSWeb at wos.org