Banded Raven in Hoh Rain Forest

ZINGIE at aol.com ZINGIE at aol.com
Fri Feb 13 12:10:58 PST 2004

Hello everyone,

I was on a field trip with my class to La Push on Tuesday and on the way we
stopped at the Hoh Rain Forest. We couldn't have asked for nicer weather! While
I was walking along the Spruce Trail I noticed a raven on a branch above the
stream. There were dead salmon in the stream so I imagine he had been feeding
on them. I noticed the bird had an orange band on its right leg and a light
green band on its left leg. Is there a group out there banding ravens? I'd be
interested to hear if anyone has any more information.

Simone Cook
Olympia/Seattle
Zingie at aol.com