Regular hawk visits and nest abandonment?

Blake Iverson coopershwk at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 29 13:30:39 PST 2004

Hey Rob, I think that you're right about your question. Constant presence of
a hawk, especially an accipiter or falcon will deter some birds or changer
the way the go about their 'usual' routine. They may not be active around
the nest boxes during the early hours of dawn and dusk or whatever.
Basically, I wouldn't be surprised if that hawk's presence did change the
minds of those birds. Although, I would think new ones would come in, what
birds are we talking about because obviously swallows are not nest building
yet. Where is this location, WA?

Blake Iverson
Arlington, WA
coopershwk at hotmail.com