Owls Galore

Mike Denny m.denny at charter.net
Sat Jan 24 21:01:47 PST 2004

Hello All,
Today was a BMAS( Blue Mountain Audubon) fieldtrip that started in Walla Walla and headed north through central Walla Walla Co. and on into Adams Co. then west to Othello and north to look for Snowy Owls. 18 birders were along and before we cleared Walla Walla Co. we had observed 8 Long-eared Owls, 2 Short-eared Owls, 5 Great Horned Owls, 1 Am. Tree Sparrow, 1 N. Shrike, 3 N. Rough-legged Hawks, 400+ Horned Larks and 6 Am.Kestrels. Along HWY 26 in Adams Co. we saw 500+ Horned Larks and little else. The Snowy Owl search covered all of the area from 2se west to K.se and south to 5se then north to L.ne & Nelson Rd. We came up with ZIP! BEAUTIFUL bright sunshine and a stiff south wind. Fun trip and great birds!
Later Mike

Mike & MerryLynn Denny
323 Scenic View Drive
College Place, WA  99324