Spotted Owl Photos

Mac Knight mac_knight at
Thu Jun 3 17:34:18 PDT 2004

The Yakima Valley Audubon Society went on a recent field trip led by the intrepid Denny Grandstrand to find a spotted owl. We were successful and the owl put on a lovely show for us. We were in the Cascade Mountains on the east slopes above Naches, Washington, on a side road that connects to the Chinook Pass Highway.

I've put some shots of the owl and other photos of evening grosbeaks and one black-headed grosbeak from the Nile Valley on my Pbase site at:

Mac Knight
Home Page -
Gallery -