Gray Catbirds

Nancy nelrjb at
Sat Jun 19 06:44:29 PDT 2004

Hi Tweets,
I changed my email address in the hopes of eliminating some of the porn email.  It did not work.  The junk is still coming in.  If anyone tried sending email to my last address, please resend to this one. nelrjb at  I had a 4 day lapse in my Tweeters list. Thanks.

It was suggested that the gray bird with the thin bill 100 feet up in a fir tree in Icycle Canyon sounding like a Blackheaded Grosbeak call was actually a Gray Catbird.  I think this is correct because we saw quite a few Gray Catbirds in Leavenworth.  It was an amazing imatation.  We could not believe it was not a BHG.

I have been looking for more information on this bird and the books I own do not have much.  In fact, my Audubon's Encyclopedia does not even list the bird (that I can find).  What do people know about this bird?
Renton, WA.