WOS Washington BirdBox 3/24/04 - 3/31/04

Franny Drobny fdrobny at cairncross.com
Wed Mar 31 14:32:49 PST 2004

The Washington BirdBox is a voice mailbox sponsored by the Washington
Ornithological Society.  To leave a message about a notable sighting, or
to listen to recent reports from other birders, call (206) 281-9172 and
follow the prompts.  Please report operational problems to Rachel
Lawson, system administrator.  She can be reached at
RachelLawson at softhome.net or (206) 282-5593.

Please address any corrections (such as errors in place names or
observers) to the transcriber, Franny Drobny, to her e-mail as indicated
below.

March 30, 2004, Tuesday, 10:30 a.m.
Yes, this is Shirley Zipp, and yesterday morning on March 29th we
spotted a PILEATED WOODPECKER on a telephone pole on the corner of 35th
Avenue S.W. and S.W. 105th.  We have also noticed some very large wood
chips under our willow tree, which is in a rotting condition, and we
just wonder if there might be a connection.  But that's the first
PILEATED WOODPECKER we have seen in this area.  I thought somebody might
be interested.  Thank you.

BirdBox last accessed Wednesday, March 31, 2004, 2:28 p.m.

Franny Drobny
Seattle, Washington
fdrobny at cairncross.com