Anacortes Telescope

Bud Anderson bud at frg.org
Sat May 29 21:50:46 PDT 2004

Hi Tweeters,
   I have been visiting Anacortes Telescope since, to my amazement, it first
opened in sunny downtown Anacortes. I have always been treated well by the
York's and their staff. To me, it is an amazing opportunity to see such a
wide range of optical gear in one place, including stuff I had never dreamed
of before.
   Ray has taken my hawk class several times in an effort to learn how he
can be more helpful to birders in general. He has even driven up to the
mountain ridges to observe our fall hawk migration activities.
   These guys have hosted many birding seminars at the shop and have had the
Leica and Swarovski reps around to teach about and demonstrate all of the
latest products for birders. I know these guys and they listen to what you
have to say about their products. That info goes back to the factory to
improve your optics.
   I see them as a great local resource (sort of like Flora and Fauna Books)
and I absolutely love visiting their store to see what's new. They are a
local company. I say support them whenever you can.
   And if you need help, just walk up and ask for it.

Bud Anderson
Falcon Research Group
Box 248
Bow, WA. 98232