Western Tanagers!

Bruce Moorhead bruceb at olypen.com
Mon May 10 09:05:17 PDT 2004

We too saw a memorable contigent of six Western Tanagers (5 males & 1 female as far as we could tell) in the upper canopy of a lone cottonwood tree, while conducting our May 8 migratory count for the Oly. Pen. Aud. Soc., near the mouth of the Dungeness River--beautiful yellows and red-blush faces in the early morning light!

Bruce Moorhead
Port Angeles, WA
bruceb at olypen.com