[Tweeters] Pine Grosbeaks at Dungeness

bboek at olympus.net bboek at olympus.net
Thu Nov 11 11:53:36 PST 2004

The Fall Bird class from the Dungeness River Audubon Center also saw 3
female-type Pine Grosbeaks at the Dungeness Recreation Area on 11/5.
They flew in with a group of about 60 Robins, sat a few minutes at the
top of a Doug Fir for good scope-looks, then moved on when the Robins
flew. Their call "cheeve-li?" as they landed gave us the hint that
there were more than Robins in the flock. Makes us wonder - how often
to PIGRs travel in Robin flocks?

We had one other report of Pine Grosbeaks in the lowlands near Joyce
this fall, so keep an eye and ear out - could it be a fall/winter for

Bob Boekelheide

On Nov 8, 2004, at 12:00 PM, tweeters-request at mailman1.u.washington.edu