[Tweeters] re: Cattle Egrets

Dianna Moore dlmoor2 at coastaccess.com
Sun Nov 14 12:46:10 PST 2004

Hi Tweets...seems we are being treated to a deluge (I know that isn't the
proper word for it..help me out here) of Cattle Egrets. We now have an
official sighting in Ocean City, Grays Harbor County, Wa. A friend called me
twice at work on Saturday, describing it as it foraged in the ditch along
Hwy 109 near the North Beach Motel and mindful of the various sightings
popping up here on Tweeters I ventured a guess, and when I saw the photos
clearly showing the feathering extending under the bill, the size of the
bill and the stockier shape, I was sure enough to send the photo on to Ruth
Sullivan for confirmation.

Thanks, Ruth!

Dianna Moore
Ocean Shores, Wa.