[Tweeters] barred owl at juanita bay

Rebecca Evans celloevans at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 15 16:31:03 PST 2004

Hello tweets!

Well, I didn't see the black duck, but did see the
usual duck suspects (list follows) and a BARRED OWL
which was perched on a fairly low tree over the creek.
The creek goes under the old bridge, now for
pedestrians, that is closest to the road. I did not
see the owl on the bird list for the park, so don't
know how rare (or not) this bird is here.

The other birds (not necessarily in taxonomic order)
follow:

Canada Goose
Wood Duck (several pairs)
mallards
Gadwall
Pintail (1 maile)
A. Wigeon
Shoveler (1 male in fall plumage, several females)
Green-winged Teal
Canvasback
Ring-necked duck (many)
Common Goldeneye
Bufflehead
Hooded Merganser
Glaucous-wing/Western (?) Gull Hybrids (on
           far side of lake)
BARRED OWL
Belted Kingfisher
Downy Woodpecker
Black-capped Chickadee
Song Sparrow
Pine Siskin (flock)
Winter Wren

There were supposedly Scaup around though I didn't see
any, and as I was leaving someone reported 2 wilson's
snipe in an area I didn't get to.  Can't see 'em all!

Thanks, Rebecca Evans
celloevans at yahoo.com