[Tweeters] North Kitsap County Pine Grosbeaks

Dougnpip at aol.com Dougnpip at aol.com
Fri Nov 26 13:53:25 PST 2004

           Spent most of the morning birding the North County from
Point-No-Point north, and surrounding areas targeting Snow Buntings and/or Pine
Grosbeaks.  I did luck on three Pine Grosbeaks which I located near the end of
Foulweather Bluff Rd.  Just before you get to the end of Twin Spits Rd, turn rt onto
Foulweather Bluff Rd (providing you are going north).  At the end there is a
clearing of sorts on the right and the birds were in the maple/Hemlocks to the
south.  I scoped a male, 1 female and a third which possibly was a young bird
going into full adult plumage.  They were moving around a bit from tree to
tree so no telling how long they will be there.  These are perhaps the same birds
Brad Waggoner had near Driftwood Keys several weeks back.
                        Good Birding,
                                  Doug Watkins