[Tweeters] Road to Sunrise

Scott CARPENTER scott_carpenter2000 at msn.com
Fri Oct 8 15:53:38 PDT 2004

I just got off the phone with the communications office at Mt. Ranier
National Park.  The man I spoke with told me that the road to Sunrise will
be open both Friday and Saturday night of this weekend.

He said the park is currently debating when to close the road (he thought it
would be 10/15/2004), and they are also currently debating whether to allow
pedestrians and cyclists after they close it.

There is obviously confusion within the park staff, because the person I
spoke with immediately prior (not in communications) told me the road to
sunrise has been closed in the evenings since late September, which as many
of us know, is simply not true.

I'm heading there tonight, and will do my best to post on Saturday if I find
the road to be closed tonight.

Scott Carpenter
Portland, OR
scott_carpenter2000 at msn.com