[Tweeters] Juanita Bay Park

Michael Hobbs hummer at isomedia.com
Thu Oct 14 17:07:46 PDT 2004

> A birdy morning at JBP, and a new species for the Park list: a pair of

> COMMON RAVENS circled and called for about two minutes, before flying off

> the east. I think it was just a couple days ago that ones were seen over

> St. Edwards S.P., and have been reported from other Seattle areas, so not

> unexpected here. Range expansion?

Hmm - could be the same two ravens that circled over my house this
afternoon. I live about 3 miles southeast of Juanita.

I had a rather nice afternoon of yard birding. Other highlights were:

Pileated Woodpecker Flying east
Mountain Chickadee Poking around the Ponderosa Pines
Anna's Hummingbird Aggressive towards every other species
Sharp-shinned Hawk Made three passes near the feeder before
perching in a tree 15 feet
from me for
at least a minute. Immature

== Michael Hobbs