[Tweeters] Interesting Sandpiper at Medina Park

Brent Beach brent_beach at telus.net
Fri Oct 15 12:01:07 PDT 2004

Tweeters

Very interesting. We had a Sharp-tailed Sandpiper yesterday in an
agricultural field north of Victoria. The bird was foraging in a newly
plowed field and in the ditch beside the field and was finding lots of worms.

It was a very approachable bird. It walked along a tractor path up to
within a few feet of us. It did not seem to have any fear of people at all.

Wonder if the Victoria bird has moved on?

Brent
--
Brent Beach
Victoria, B.C.