[Tweeters] Sharp-tailed Sandpiper/Long-tailed Duck

Doug Schonewald dschone8 at donobi.net
Sat Oct 16 19:50:04 PDT 2004

Hi Tweets,

	Barb and I spent a day searching for a few of the rarities in Grant County.
The SHARP-TAILED SANDPIPER was easily viewed by several birders at Soap Lake
East Beach. A single Black-bellied Plover also remains along with 8 or 10
Long-billed Dowitchers and a handful of Pectoral Sandpipers.
	Out in the lake we were able to locate at least one LONG-TAILED DUCK and
possibly two.
	A birder we met at Sun Lakes State Park reported that a good flock of about
20 WHITE-WINGED SCOTERS were also located on Soap Lake. While we did not see
them they have bee reported several times recently, so keep an eye out.
	The rest of our rarity search went for naught as we dipped on the Western
Gull and Lesser Black-backed Gull.

Cheers

Doug Schonewald
Moses Lake, WA