[Tweeters] Greater Roadruner

GLAMOURCON at aol.com GLAMOURCON at aol.com
Mon Oct 18 12:16:34 PDT 2004

A few days ago, I had the opportunity to visit the San Francisco Bay Bird
Observatory in Alviso, CA which is located near the south end of San Fran  Bay.
The director asked me if I saw the Roadrunner near the parking lot of  the
observatory.  Of course, I though she was joking as it is just a bit  unusual to
see a Roadrunner a few feet from the Bay.  She said it had been  there for a
couple weeks.  Sure enough, I walked out of her office and 20  feet away stood
the Roadrunner.  Having never seen one before, I watched it  for about a half
hour until I had to go to another appointment. Great  bird!

Bob Schultz
Woodinville, WA