[Tweeters] Boeing Pond Redhead

Kathy Andrich chukarbird at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 23 20:01:39 PDT 2004

Hi Tweeters,

For those who might like a good look at a Redhead duck
there has been one at Boeing Pond for about a week
now. It has been hanging out in the SW corner of the
main pond near the Gateway office. It was joined
today by the first Bufflehead of fall for me and a
female Ruddy Duck. A large flock of Cackling Geese
have been frequenting the ponds as well. Today they
were joined by 3 Greater White Fronted Geese that were
showing off their speckled bellies. The geese are
somewhat skittish so go slowly to be able to observe
them well. One of the cacklers was wearing a yellow
neck collar but the only letter I could read clearly
was a Y on it.

The ponds are off of 212th, one of the main E/W routes
in Kent. Orillia Road exit off of I5 going east will
turn into 212th. Turn north on 59th Street at the KOA
campground and the Boeing ponds are on the right at
the bend.

Good fall birding to all!

Kathy
Roosting in South King County