[Tweeters] Ridgefield N.W.R.

Wilson E Cady gorgebirds at juno.com
Sat Oct 23 22:13:46 PDT 2004

        I spent most of Saturday, Oct.23rd doing a habitat restoration
project at the Ridgefield N.W.R. in Clark County with about 60 Girl
Scouts and their parents and siblings. We planted somewhere in the
neighborhood of 600 willow and cottonwoods  before doing some birding.
        Their were numerous flocks of SANDHILL CRANES, CACKLING GEESE,
and CANADA GEESE flying about, probably disturbed by the activities of
the hunters. I counted 41 GREAT EGRETS  on Rest Lake where there 3 RIVER
OTTER actively feeding on small fish. 2 TUNDRA SWANS were also present
along with hundreds of NORTHERN PINTAIL. Single TREE SWALLOW was flying
over the field beyond Rest Lake. A large flock of Canada Geese in the
field included approximately 30 "DUSKY" CANADA GEESE.

Wilson Cady
N45  35.618'   W122  13.738'
Washougal, Skamania County,  WA