[Tweeters] Piedras Blancas weekly reports

Pterodroma at aol.com Pterodroma at aol.com
Thu Apr 21 05:52:39 PDT 2005

This may be of interest to some tweeter folks who've inquired --

As this is the Southwest Fisheries Science Center's (NOAA/NMFS, La Jolla, CA)
and my 12th consecutive season monitoring the gray whale cow/calf migration
at the Point Piedras Blancas Light Station (San Luis Obispo Co, CA), the usual
weekly report summaries of the spectacular coastal seabird and whale migration
usually posted to the local SLO Co listserve message board ("slocobirding")
may now also be viewed and much more easily read at a new blog site.  I owe a
great debt of thanks to Morro Bay's Mike Baird for making this site possible.

 <A HREF="http://morro-bay.com/docents/piedras-blancas/Rowlett/">Richard
Rowlett's Piedras Blancas Blog</A>
http://morro-bay.com/docents/piedras-blancas/Rowlett/
short cut access:   http://morro-bay.com/go/whales/

Alternatively and cohesively intact, but where the formatting has been
stripped and not quite so reader friendly can be found at:
 <A HREF="http://www.sialia.com/s/calists.pl?rm=one_list;id=67">California
Birding Lists Digest</A>
http://www.sialia.com/s/calists.pl?rm=one_list;id=67

**Unfortunately, the Piedras Blancas site remains CLOSED to general public
access as plant and historic restoration continues underway.**

Richard Rowlett
Piedras Blancas Lighthouse
San Simeon, SLO Co., CA

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what
nobody has thought" --Albert Szent-Gyorgi (1893-1986).