[Tweeters] 10 Western Grebe - Mukilteo

judyrowetaylor at comcast.net judyrowetaylor at comcast.net
Fri Apr 22 09:59:56 PDT 2005

Greetings Tweeters,

I returned to the Mukilteo Lighthouse beach this morning in hopes of seeing the murrelets again, but they weren’t in sight.  None the less, the birding was still exciting; I spotted many more Western Grebes.  Most were further out in the sound, but three were close to shore.  I counted 10.  I really enjoy watching these elegant birds.  A Pelagic Cormorant in breeding plumage provided an outstanding view of the profile and white flank patch as a side-view fly-by.  A few goldeneyes are still around; they were in flight when I spotted them.

Western Grebe (10)
Pigeon Guillemot (2)
Pelagic Cormorant (2)
Dunlin (4)
Bonaparte’s Gull (1)
Adult Bald Eagle (1)
Red-breasted Merganser (1 female)
Double-crested Cormorant (5)

At home I am eagerly waiting for a pair of Black-headed Grosbeaks to show up as they have for the past two years.

Cheers!
Judy

--
Judy Rowe Taylor