[Tweeters] Bird happenings in the South Sound

Janet Shonk jshonk at reachone.com
Fri Apr 22 19:48:37 PDT 2005

Purple Martins arrived at Jarrell Cove State Park this past week. We saw
some more at Boston Harbor Marina in Olympia today as well. Also, two
Peregrin Falcons were observed under the Harstine Island bridge this
afternoon. One was observed at the bridge two days ago. I heard my first
Pacific Slope Flycatcher on Wednesday at Jarrell Cove. And, the Common
Loons, in all their splendor, have been very vocal the past few evenings.
They must be preparing to move to the lakes.

Janet Shonk
Shelton, WA