[Tweeters] bird lady of kennewick arrested

Brett Wolfe m_lincolnii at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 23 09:37:40 PDT 2005

Thanks Caren, I read this as it involves my hometown of Kennewick.

A few thoughts: This is a very sad story about someone who was trying to do the right thing, at least at some point, but she obviously became overwhelmed with the task. Many rehabbers have similar problems - there are too few rehabbers, and too many injured or orphaned birds and other animals found. It really points up the great need for qualified, certified rehabilitators. Those I have met are excellent people, but typically specialize in a few species. It is too bad there are not more funds to both train people, and then to help maintain rehabilitation centers for wildlife. Many people care enough about wildlife to try to help, but then finding a rehabber can be difficult. And all of the rehabbers I have met are in desperate need of funding to take care of the animals they do take in. So if someone really wants to help wildlife, consider making a donation to any local rehabilitators you may have in your area. Any amounts will surely be appreciated. People might also consid!
volunteering some of their time to help out, as that can be just as valuable as a cash donation.

Brett A. Wolfe
Seattle, WA (doing field work in San Joaquin Valley for summer)
m_lincolnii at yahoo.com

carenp <carenp at totalise.co.uk> wrote:

00 caren
on the internet near juanita bay park