[Tweeters] Clark County 4/22/05

Wilson E Cady gorgebirds at juno.com
Fri Apr 22 23:13:32 PDT 2005

        I checked the Ridgefield Refuge River "S"  Unit   on Friday,
April 22. There was one SOLITARY SANDPIPER in the small wetland after you
make the left turn just past South Quigley Lake.
        At Rest Lake I found one pair of BLUE-WINGED TEAL  and two pair
of REDHEADS.
        There were plenty of HOUSE WRENS and YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS
throughout the refuge but very few shorebirds were present, only one
GREATER YELLOWLEGS and a LESSER YELLOWLEGS.
        At the Woodland Bottoms I saw a single GREAT EGRET and 120 COMMON
MERGANSERS at the mouth of the Lewis River.

Wilson Cady
N45  35.618'   W122  13.738'
Washougal, Skamania County,  WA
mail to: gorgebirds at juno.com