[Tweeters] No Great Egret in Duvall, King Co. today

Matt Bartels mattxyz at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 27 21:03:36 PDT 2005

Hi Tweeters -
I just wanted to pass along word of no-luck relocating the Duvall
Great Egret today. I stopped by this afternoon [after the Marymoor
walk] and was unable to find a big white bird anywhere. A couple
other Tweeters were present too, and no one had heard reports of it
being seen today. Perhaps it is still in the area, perhaps it has
moved on.

However, McCormick Park is a nice little park, just off the main drag
in Duvall [go west off the main street, parking by the police
station] - Best bird of the afternoon for me was a cooperative
American Bittern [with another invisible one vocalizing nearby]. We
also had close up looks at a Red-breasted Sapsucker who got in
trouble for getting too close to a Tree Swallow nest hole.

If anybody relocated the GREG, in Duvall or places further afield,
please pass on word.

Good birding,

Matt Bartels
Seattle, WA