[Tweeters] re: Purple Martins on Lake Washington

Michael Donahue mgd at u.washington.edu
Tue Aug 16 11:45:40 PDT 2005

The Purple Martin Conservation Association (www.purplemartin.org) sells a "dawnsong" tape on their website. They recommend playing it as a way to attract martins to a new colony. Does anybody know if this been tried out in the west?

Kevin, thanks for the update on martin nesting locations in the region. It's encouraging to hear that there's a nesting colony away from water. I'm hoping that if I put up some gourds and play the dawnsong tape, maybe I can attract some of the Duwamish martins to my yard on Beacon Hill.

Mike Donahue
Seattle