[Tweeters] late hummingbird

Bob Sundstrom ixoreus at scattercreek.com
Wed Aug 17 09:32:53 PDT 2005

We typically have a few immature Rufous Hummingbirds in our yard and gardens
through the end of August.  As of yesterday, there were still about a half
dozen around.  My latest sighting in 2004 was Sept. 16, of a presumed
migrant that came through about a week after the last regulars.  The very
late summer visitors come most likely after sunset.  I have still not seen
an Anna's Hummingbird in nearly four years here along upper Scatter Ck.

Bob

Bob Sundstrom
ixoreus at scattercreek.com
Tenino, Washington