[Tweeters] Re: Catbird yardbird 8/17

Jim McCoy jfmccoy at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 18 12:23:25 PDT 2005

>As far I know records away from typical breeding habitat are nearly unheard

>of, I'm especially curious as to why this bird is hanging around.

I don't know your particular corner, Scott, but generally speaking, suburban
environments make excellent catbird habitat; they are quite common in the
suburbs back east. Mostly they need the cover of dense shrubbery, which
presumably is available somewhere in the neighborhood. It seems quite
possible that they'd breed in Yakima, unless the local/regional population
is greatly different from eastern populations.

Jim McCoy
Bellevue, WA
jfmccoy at hotmail.com