[Tweeters] GW Gull predators

Michael Brown borealis at seanet.com
Thu Aug 18 13:23:05 PDT 2005

I don't know anything about the Lord Hill area, but about ten years ago a
juvenile RT Hawk nailed a couple of first year GW Gulls at my school. I
discovered this when I accidentally flushed the hawk off its first kill in a
small grove of Douglas firs. I didn't know what species of raptor I was
dealing with at first since I was not able to really get much of a look at
it. I wasn't used to seeing RT Hawks in the woods eating gulls. A day or two
later I stumbled upon the hawk and flushed it off kill number two right next
to a mixed woodland area by a field. This time it screamed at me indignantly
from a nearby cottonwood and I had a good look at it. With visual and sound
info I was finally able to ID it.

Michael Brown
Firgrove Elementary

Puyallup, WA
<http://www.seanet.com/~borealis/resume.htm>
http://www.seanet.com/~borealis/resume.htm

"The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the
several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of
the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or
Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever
be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the
United States."

-The Constitution of the United States, Article 6, Clause 3

"to announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we
are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and
servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."

-Teddy Roosevelt

"...I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in. Of
what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?"

-Aldo Leopold, " A Sand County Almanac"