[Tweeters] Ridgefield Stilt Sand, Vancouver Lk. Clark's Grebes

Sam Terry samgterry at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 22 18:47:04 PDT 2005

Hi Tweeters,

Today I birded in Clark County from the River S Unit of Ridgefield NWR to Vancouver Lake.

There were good numbers of shorebirds at Ridgefield. The best viewing was from the observation blind at Rest Lake, where there was a juv. STILT SANDPIPER and 1-2 juv. SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPERS. Other birds in the area included ~150 Long-billed Dowitchers, 10 Least Sandpipers, 16 Western Sandpipers, and 1 Wilson's Snipe. There were also 34 Greater Yellowlegs in the slough along the auto tour route.

At Vancouver Lake, the grebe flock was in close and the lighting was excellent. I counted 46 WESTERN GREBES and 18 CLARK'S GREBES.

Good birding,

Sam Terry

Do You Yahoo!?