[Tweeters] astuffed IMWO

vogelfreund at comcast.net vogelfreund at comcast.net
Tue Dec 6 04:22:23 PST 2005

---------------------------------
December 6 '05

subject: Googling for IMWO

I got caught up with Google, and decided to try out Imperial Woodpecker. Around pagr 40 or so, I stumbled on to a photo of a stuffed male in room 32(?) in the Vienna Natural History Museum. I was there in 1972, but don't remember seeing that nice specimen. So I apologize for bad-mouthing that museum for not having a shiny black adult stuffed specimen. I do recall that they had a nice specimen of a IBWO in a special exhibit. But I imagine such museums change their displays from time to time.

Phil Hotlen
Bellingham, WA