[Tweeters] BLUE JAY Discovery Park edge

Scott Atkinson scottratkinson at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 6 11:03:30 PST 2005

Tweeters:

Did not go up by the showy Snowy today, but on the way to the south entrance
of Discovery Park I heard and then briefly saw a BLUE JAY at 4034 36th Ave W
(the road that parallels Discovery on the east flank) at about 10:10 am.
The bird was in a tall tree on the north edge of the property, then dropped
into a wooded ravine behind it. I only saw it briefly with the naked eye,
anough to see that it was a large blue passerine, pale below, but it
vocalized loudly and repeatedly, as Blue Jays often do. When I came back
through about 10:30, the bird was gone. Birders might keep an eye (and ear)
out for it though, it should still be in the area. The other bird (heard
only) was an AM. PIPIT heard in flyover at the meadow just below the Navy
residences where the Snowy has been lately.

Scott Atkinson
Lake Stevens
mail to: scottratkinson at hotmail.com