[Tweeters] Ediz Hook Snowy Owl

Bruce Moorhead bruceb at olypen.com
Tue Dec 6 16:14:56 PST 2005

I just returned from Ediz Hook on the outer side of Port Angeles harbor where I watched a subadult Snowy Owl for a half hour, sitting just offshore atop the largest of three abandoned piers near the radio tower (due-south of the 20 mph sign along the road). The dark markings atop its head and everywhere else except the face indicated a first-year bird. I assume it was probably the same bird reported by others recently from the other (Strait) side of the road and within the nearby coast guard station.

Bruce Moorhead
Port Angeles, WA
bruceb at olypen.com

"The true meaning of patriotism is allegiance to the earth on which a
nation stands. Conservation is the most elemental form of patriotism."
Richard Nelson