[Tweeters] IMWO in The Auk (1898)

Douglas Canning dcanning at zhonka.net
Mon Dec 26 14:26:45 PST 2005

On 26 Dec 2005, vogelfreund at comcast.net wrote:

> Does anyone have a stack of dusty old "The Auk" journals? I saw a

> reference to an article in the July, 1898 issue (vol. 15, no. 3) titled:

> "The Imperial Ivory-billed Woodpecker, Campephilus Imperialis." It wasn't

> down-loadable like Tanner's article.

The old Auks (along with many other old journals) are available as online PDFs
at SORA - Searchable Ornithological Research Archive. Altogether, SORA now
provides access to:

Auk (1884-1999)
Condor (1899-2000)
Journal of Field Ornithology (1930-1999)
North American Bird Bander (1976-2000)
Pacific Coast Avifauna (1900-1974)
Studies in Avian Biology (1978-1999)
Wilson Bulletin (1889-1999)

http://elibrary.unm.edu/sora/index.php

You can run searches on "all journals" or a limited subset. Or, you can simply
browse the journals.

Douglas Canning
Olympia, Washington
dcanning at zhonka.net