[Tweeters] Flicker Intergrade

Rolan Nelson rnbuffle at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 12 16:15:54 PST 2005

As much as I've looked for and at woodpeckers over the past 2+ years, today I got my first look at an "intergrade" Northern Flicker. At least I think that's the right term. The bird was in dense brush in the trail area behind Tacoma Community College, so I wasn't able to see the underwing and undertail coloring, but what DID stand out was the bright red malars AND the bright red nape cresent. Kinda like east meets west. Nice bird.

Rolan Nelson
Fircrest, WA
rnbuffle at yahoo.com
Do You Yahoo!?