[Tweeters] Re: Male Anna's Hummingbird Gathering Nesting Material?

Mike Patterson celata at pacifier.com
Mon Feb 14 08:30:29 PST 2005

I spent the morning going through my references on Anna's
Hummingbirds. There is no mention of males engaging in
nest building nor are there any courtship activities on
record that would include "giving presents".

This is probably something worth writing up a short note
over, to be put in Washington Birds or something.

You would want to include the possibility that it was probing
the cattails for insects, but if you saw it carrying off
fluff....