[Tweeters] Yellow-throated Warbler Seaside, Oregon

bill clemons willclemons at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 1 16:52:49 PST 2005

My mom and I drove to Seaside this morning. With the
walkie-talkie help of Steve Warner and Mike Patterson
as well as some fast running from another birder in
the next block, about 10 of us had very good looks at
the Yellow-throated Warbler I the Noon time frame. The
bird was quite cooperative in a pine near 6th and
Downing (2nd house E. of Downing/ N side of 6th). Over
a 10 to 15 minute period it was frequently feeding at
the ends of branches in plane sunlit view (no fog in
Seaside by the time we got there). What a nice little
bird! Some also saw the Orange Crowned Warbler. The
same tree also had Chickadees and both Kinglets, as
well as Townsend’s Warblers.

Most of us left when Steve Warner left, as he offered
to show all where the Palm Warbler was being seen, but
no luck there.

After my mom and I had a bite to eat, I decided to
cruise the neighborhood once more before heading back
to Portland. The only other birder I saw at about 2pm
was David Bailey who was at the same tree with the
Yellow-throated Warbler still in plain view, being
very cooperative! David said he also saw all three
Chickadees in the same tree.

Bill Clemons