[Tweeters] RE:List keeping software

Michael B. Brown borealis at seanet.com
Thu Feb 10 13:39:27 PST 2005

I have no specific recommendations except to do it as soon as possible. I had
been keeping my North American list in the back of my Peterson Guide. I noted
date and place of first sightings on the checklist. A few years ago I had
started to transfer the info to Microsoft Excel, but had not finished it all.
One night after seeing a show at the Paramount Theater in Seattle, we
returned to our car to discover it had been broken into. My shoulder bag,
which contained the Peterson Guide, was gone. I had no backup info.

Michael Brown
Puyallup, Washington

"to announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are
to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and
servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."

-Teddy Roosevelt

"...I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in. Of
what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?"

-Aldo Leopold, A Sand County Almanac