[Tweeters] Kenmore purple martins

Kevin Li kdli at msn.com
Fri Jul 1 21:44:49 PDT 2005

This afternoon I rode my bicycle around Lake Washington, making a stop at
Log Boom Park in Kenmore; it appears there may be two martin nests in the
new group of gourds, one nest in the isolated pair to the west, the other in
the midst of the main group. The newer nest would be the one to the west,
where it looked to me like there was a female possibly on eggs. She sat
inside for at least 20 minutes, peering out and then flying off toward the
Sammamish Slough.

I could hear an osprey toward the slough, but I never got a look at it.

Kevin Li
Ballard, USA