[Tweeters] Early long-billed curlew

Valerie Elliott VElliott at msn.com
Wed Jul 6 22:53:11 PDT 2005

While out on McChord Air Force Base's airfield today, a long-billed curlew did a fly around. This is the earliest I've seen one out there. Is this an early sighting for Pierce County? I also saw a shorebird in a watery area that I believe was a solitary western sandpiper. The tables turned a bit in the sky's today as I saw a bald eagle chasing a crow. Several bald eagles have been in the area since May. They get mobbed frequently, but I never saw the eagles turn the table on the crows.

Valerie Elliott
Olympia, WA
VElliott at msn.com