[Tweeters] Coop vs Flicker

Dawn Bailey dawnsdog at rainierconnect.com
Thu Jul 7 21:25:12 PDT 2005

Hi Tweets,

Today as I was talking to my husband on the phone, I heard a weird squawking. I ran outside to see lots of flapping and more bird screaming. And as I stood on the steps, a huge bird flew out of the trees and bushes, at first I thought Redtail as it was so large and I saw red feathers.  And then they parted, and I realized what I had witnessed.  The Coop was actually holding on to the Flickers back and both birds where flying.  The Coop let go of the Flicker, and the Flicker made a sharp left turn back into the bushes.  The Coop flew right past my head and then turned left into the woods. I watched the Coop fly around in the trees hunting the Flicker.  I lost site of the Coop after about one minute and never did see the Flicker.

On a lighter note. I got to see the two young Peregrines on the Tacoma bridge July 3rd, as we motored up the Thea Foss waterway they sat looking down at all the traffic.  I was worried as I hadn't heard or seen them for the few days leading up to the Tall Ships in Tacoma event.  I read in the paper that they are leaving the bridge up and giving the young 2 more weeks to fledge.

Dawn Bailey
Eatonville, WA
mailto:dawnsdog at rainierconnect.com

If you were arrested for being kind, would there be enough evidence to convict you?