[Tweeters] March of the Penguins

Johnson, Mary MJohnson at becu.org
Sat Jul 9 22:40:23 PDT 2005

The other day someone posted here about how the "March of the Penguins" documentary is more popular, on a per-screen basis, than the latest Tom Cruise explosion-fest.  Today I saw it at the Egyptian Theatre on Capitol Hill, and the line for the noon show stretched around the corner (not that the corner was especially far away, but still . . . quite a little crowd for a penguin flick.)  The main plot was the astonishing ordeal that Emperor Penguins must endure to hatch and raise one chick; the penguins were revealed as both adorably funny and gloriously beautiful, and our group of ten, which ranged in age from 3-69, all gave it a hearty two flippers up.  A must-see for birders!

Another link to the article that was posted here before:  http://komo4.com/stories/37817.htm

Mary Johnson
Auburn, WA
mjohnson at becu.org

NOTICE: This communication and any attachments may contain privileged or otherwise confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient or believe that you may have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender indicating that fact and delete the copy you received without printing, copying, retransmitting, disseminating, or otherwise using the information. Thank you.