[Tweeters] Mount Saint Helens/Plant Question

Lydia Bishop gizathecat at verizon.net
Sun Jul 10 07:00:40 PDT 2005

Hi Tweets,

On Thursday my husband and I hiked around the Johnston Ridge area.  The only
bird I spied was a slate colored junco at the visitor center.   I was amazed
by the wildflowers!  Even more amazing were the succulents growing along
side the trail. I read somewhere that the Mount Saint Helens area has a
unique climate and that species of plants are growing there that are not
normally found in the Washington Cascades.  Can anybody in Tweeters direct
me to articles discussing the rare and unusual plant and animal life in the
blast zone?

Oh, I got some spectacular shots of the mountain once the clouds burned off!

Thanks,

LYDIA BISHOP

Near Lake Stevens, WA

Life Is A Sit-Com On The Reality Side Of The Tube

And When It's Not A Sit-Com, It's a Soap!