[Tweeters] Re: ebird listing

The Woodruff's elkmtn5 at asisna.com
Tue Jul 12 15:35:33 PDT 2005

I've been using eBird a lot for about a year and a half. It works great when
I'm going on daily walks around our property (mostly in the spring and
fall). I find that it's a convenient way for me to keep track of the birds
of our property, both species and numbers, without having to write it down
each day. I have a hard time keeping paper records organized, so this
solves my problems completely, as well as letting my sighting info go toward
"scientific purposes" instead of sitting unuseable in some drawer. Then I
can still do searches on my information, even easier than I could by going
through papers or various reports. I'm a computer guy too, not so much a
paper kind of guy.

If you haven't tried eBird, I would really recommend trying it out and
seeing how you like it. It's easy, and is especially cool when you report
from the same place many times so you build up a database of information for
that area.

The eBird homepage is at http://www.ebird.org/content/.

Michael Woodruff
Spokane, WA