[Tweeters] Today at Boeing Ponds

Mark Vernon ma_vern at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 14 15:25:07 PDT 2005

Greetings,

Today I scouted out the Boeing Ponds after all the mention here on Tweeters. I added to my Kent Ponds walk. The ponds were wonderful, I saw Long-billed Dowitchers, Yellowlegs (maybe both kinds), many Least Sandpipers, Killdeers,  a Spotted Sandpiper, and many other regulars. The Yellowlegs seemed to be doing a spinning dance, can anybody tell me more about this?
At the Kent Ponds I saw a Accipiter, in flight, being mobbed by a mixed swarm of Cliff Swallows and Violet-green Swallows.
With Mt. Rainier standing out so nicely today it made for a great walk.

-Mark Vernon
Renton, WA